Town of Newtown
Edmond Town Hall, dedicated in 1930 and listed on the National Register of Historic Places, was a gift from Newtown benefactor Mary Elizabeth Hawley, who named the building after her great grandfather, Judge William Edmond.
Since its inception, Edmond Town Hall has served as the heart and center of the community by providing space for entertainment, event, sports and civic activities.
The mission of Edmond Town Hall is to enrich the community by providing a place for generations of residents and neighbors to make memories by gathering to celebrate and enjoy arts, social, civic, sports, entertainment and milestone events and activities.
located on the Fairfield Hills Campus
The mission of the Economic and Community Development Department is to assist with the development and implementation of strategies that help make Newtown, CT an attractive location for businesses and residents in Western Connecticut. The department seeks to attract new investment and works with Newtown business people and companies to facilitate expansion and economic growth. Branding, a strong presence on the internet and marketing are integral to positioning Newtown as a progressive location to live and/or run a business. The department strives to maintain a process of continuous improvement and investment in the community and provides leadership in collaboration, encouragement, support, and innovation, promoting a high quality of life for current and future Newtown businesses and residents.